Mia Chorney, RN, MN, FNP, NP-C is a board certified Registered Nurse and Family Nurse Practitioner in British Columbia, Canada and Arizona, USA and has been practicing since 1987. She received BScN and Master of Nursing from University of Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. She contributed to her education completing her Post Graduate Study in Operating Room from University of Alberta, Canada and her Post Graduate Study in Critical Care from British Columbia Institute of Technology, Canada.
Mia has a strong commitment to professional development. Highlights of her career included Cardiovascular Surgery Nurse Practitioner, Cardiac Research Study Coordinator, Nurse Manager Operating Room/Recovery Room and Central Sterilizing Department, Administrative Supervisor, Operating Room Nurse, Critical Care Nurse and Diabetes Nurse Educator.
Mia Chorney recently completed a 5-year term as Chair, College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia Nurse Practitioner Standards Committee.
- 2007 – University of Victoria; Master of Nursing & Nurse Practitioner (Family)
- 2000 – University of Victoria; Bachelor of Science of Nursing
- 1990 – British Columbia Institute of Technology; Critical Care Post Graduate
- 1987 – University of Alberta; Operating Room Post Graduate
- 1987 – Okanagan University; Registered Nurse Diploma